Learn Photoshop CC
Time & Location
About The Event
This workshop consists of two four-hour parts, taking place on two consecutive Saturdays (November 9 and November 16) from 10am to 2pm.
This beginner’s class is useful even if you have some experience with Photoshop. You’ll get a full update on new features, brush-up on tools and workflows, and learn how to apply professional working techniques. Using real world image files and professional workflows, you’ll learn:
- how to enhance and retouch digital photos
- create compelling composites
- output files ready for print or online publishing
We will supply exercise files, but you are also encouraged to use your own photographs.
No previous knowledge of Photoshop CC is required, but you’ll need a basic understanding of how your computer works, and have the software installed and operating.
Here are some more details of topics covered:
- Get familiar with the user interface, tools and workspaces, and learn important terms related to photo editing
- Understand digital photos, pixels and image resolution, and get an understanding of the different image file formats
- Make photos look better using a variety of techniques, including cropping, removing color casts, adjusting brightness/contrast, and more
- Maintain a non-destructive workflow that enables future edits and corrections
- Prepare photos for use in print publications, on the web, or in app development.
- Learn the basic functionality of layers, retouching, adding text, and using selection tools isolate parts of an image
- Learn how Photoshop interacts with Lightroom
This course is designed and led by Adobe Certified instructors (ACI) to assure the very best quality for our clients.
Our classes are BYOC (bring you own computer): Participants need to bring their own laptops/workstations and make sure they have a running version of the software installed. Contact us if you need instructions on downloading and installing the software.
Software licenses can be purchased and downloaded from Adobe Systems. The Creative Cloud Photography Plan is the most affordable subscription option for photographers. You can read more about it here: https://www.adobe.com/creativecloud/photography.html. Photoshop and Lightroom are also part of the more expensive Adobe Creative Cloud package. Adobe offers a free seven-day trial.
- Learn Photoshop CC$300$3000$0
- Lightroom + Photoshop package$500$5000$0