These tips will help you get photographs that are sharper and have more saturated color:
1. Use a tripod.
2. Wait for an overcast or cloudy day.
3. Position your camera's sensor so it's parallel to the most important plane of the flower.
4. Use a shutter speed of 1/200 or faster.
5. Find a flower with a good background.
6. Find a flower that's in good shape.
7. Use a telephoto lens with a short minimum focus distance.
8. Use the RGB histogram to check exposure - NOT the LCD preview.
And here are some of the best wildflower photo spots!