With Live Photos, your iPhone records what happens 1.5 seconds before and after you take a picture. If you simply want to keep or share it as a still image, converting a Live Photo to a still photo is an easy process and can be accomplished in just a few short steps.
1. Open the Photos app on your phone. Choose the Live Photo you want to convert. You can find a list of all Live Photos on your device by selecting Albums from the navigation at the bottom of the screen and then selecting Live Photos.
2. Once you’ve found the Live Photo you want to convert, tap to open it and then select Edit from the upper-right corner of the screen.
3. When the editing mode launches, you’ll see a slider along the bottom. Tap and drag the slider to select the frame you want to save when you convert your Live Photo to a still image.
4. Once your desired frame is selected, tap Make Key Photo.
5. Finally, tap the Live button at the top of the screen. This will turn off the Live Photo feature for your image and save the file using the frame you selected in step 3.
These edits are nondestructive so you’re not losing any data by converting the image to a single frame. If you ever want to return to the Live Photo version of your image, simply return to the photo, tap Edit, and then tap the Off button at the top of the screen to turn Live Photo back on.